Cisco AS6000 Series Media Processor (formerly Inlet Spinnaker 6000 IP)
Dual-Channel, Multi-format HD Streaming Transcoder
The Cisco AS6000 Series Media Processor (formerly the Spinnaker 6000) is a live transcoding platform offering full IP in and out capability, and supports 2 SD or HD input channels in a single 1RU form factor. With the Cisco AS6000 Series Media Processor and its easy-to-use interface, turning that IP video source into multiple internet-ready streams—with the amazing levels of quality you’ve come to expect from Cisco—is now only a few clicks away.
Input density and flexibility
- Up to 2 HD or SD inputs per 1RU system
- Ingest H264 or MPEG2 in a MPEG2 transport stream over IP
- MPTS or SPTS
Multiple levels of redundancy
- Six Ethernet ports for redundant input, output, and management interfaces
- Output to two separate media servers simultaneously
Any Cisco media processor on the network can act as a backup for any other media process,
taking advantage of the IP routed video
Advertising and Monetization
Automate Internet ad insertion using SCTE 35 cue messages or with
playlists generated by playout servers
- Supports slate insertion to remove broadcast ads
Remonetise video with Internet ads for browser, mobile and set top box
The latest Intel Six Core i7 processor
- Ideal for more complex encoding projects
Other Spinnaker features
Offers full support for adaptive streaming, including Apple® iPhone™
and iPad streaming, Microsoft Smooth Streaming and Adobe Dynamic
Its powerful and flexible core software platform can output
multiple formats from one appliance, while offering a range of resolutions.
- With its web-based GUI, the Cisco Media Processor is easy to set up and manage.
- Consistently wins video quality shoot outs.
Supports multiple captioning options, and the insertion of
metadata into a Windows Media or Flash stream.